Eligibility for donating blood is as follows:
- Age should be between 18 and 60 years.
- You should not be suffering, or had history of cancer.
- You should not be suffering from any blood clotting disorder, such as haemophilia.
If you are eligible, you may register as a blood donor, but at the time of donating blood, follow the instructions mentioned below:
- Your weight should be 45kg or above
- Minimum haemoglobin count should be 12.5gm.
- Pulse rate should be between 50 and 100 per minute, without any irregularities.
- Blood pressure should be, diastolic 50 to 100 mm Hg and Systolic 100 to 180 mm Hg.
- Body temperature should be normal and oral temperature should not exceed 37.5 degree Celsius.
- Should not have undergone any treatment for rabies or received Hepatitis B immune globulin within the past one year.
- Should not have donated blood within last three months.
- Should not have been treated for malaria within last three months.
- Should not have undergone any immunization within the past one month.
- Should not have undergone any dental work or taken aspirin within last the 72 hours.
- Should not have consumed alcohol within the last 9 hours.
- If you have any chronic disease that is not mentioned here, you may register, but please inform the patient or the doctor or the hospital staff before you donate blood.
Please do not register as a blood donor or donate blood in case
- You are HIV+.
- You are suffering, or had history of cancer.
- You are suffering from any blood clotting disorder, such as haemophilia.
Click Here to Register Now